Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare


My new addiction is the newest Album Nightmare from Avenged Sevenfold. This album is a candidate for album of the year for me. I have to say that I didn't know much about A7X before the horrible premature death of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. And after read some articles about him and the band, I started to listen and I thought: "yes, this is good!".

When I knew that Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) would be the drummer of this new album I became crazy! OMG! The best drumer to me, playing at A7X!

It's time to talk about the album cover. This album art was made by an artist called Rafa Alcantara (or Rafacore). He work at Core Entertenment, and this company does everything between design and video direction.

The A7X DVD+CD called Live in the LBC & Diamonds in the Rough, not only was recorded and directed by Rafa Alcantara, like, he did the album cover art. I like very much this kind of language and I think this is the perfect drawing to metal students. I remember when I was young, I used to draw in my books and notepads things like this.

I know that this album cover design is very literal, but I really like it. I love the tribute photo inside the CD that shows the band with his great friend "The Rev" that has gone last december. A beautiful tribute. Every minute of the disc is very worthwhile.



This album is amazing! Listen it!

Share